Self- service is a current trend in HR that is growing at a rapid rate. It refers to online-based tools, traditionally looked after by HR, that give employees more power over their own careers. Self-service functions can include payroll management, requesting holidays and other breaks as well as accessing learning and development programs. These functions help to create a more engaged and efficient team.
However, as important as it is, self-service is no substitute for hiring a great team. Here are 5 things to take into account to ensure the best team is behind you.
- Talent. This fosters innovation. Talent in one sphere is a great indication of outstanding performance in another. You should look for success in potential team members, even if their results are not directly related to your business.
- Passion. A love of work is contagious. Fire and inspiration burn brightly in the hearts of those that are passionate.
- Attitude. A positive and compassionate mindset easily lends itself to upskilling. Upbeat people are more fun and interesting to be around. The atmosphere in a workplace can be boosted immensely if you surround yourself with positive people.
- Ability. Cultivate a workforce with a good grasp on today and an eye on tomorrow. Staying one step ahead of technology and other developments is crucial for high performance. This will send a signal to your stakeholders that your company is delivering results and is confident in its skills.
- Fortitude. There’s no rest for a great business and a great leader. You want a team that isn’t afraid to stay back after 5 every now and then to deliver tremendous results.
Read the original article at Forbes.
- Key Insights from Eric Ries’ Lean Startup Conference - 18/11/2016
- Innovation Index 2016 - 27/04/2016
- Free tool: 5 tips to find and accelerate new ideas - 29/03/2016