5 characteristics of a world class team
Self- service is a current trend in HR that is growing at a rapid rate. It refers to online-based tools, traditionally looked after by HR, that give employees more power over their own careers. Self-service functions can include payroll management, requesting holidays and other breaks as well as accessing learning and development programs. These functions help to create a more engaged and efficient team.
However, as important as it is, self-service is no substitute for hiring a great team. Here are 5 things to take into account to ensure the best team is behind you.
- Talent. This fosters innovation. Talent in one sphere is a great indication of outstanding performance in another. You should look for success in potential team members, even if their results are not directly related to your business.
- Passion. A love of work is contagious. Fire and inspiration burn brightly in the hearts of those that are passionate.
- Attitude. A positive and compassionate mindset easily lends itself to upskilling. Upbeat people are more fun and interesting to be around. The atmosphere in a workplace can be boosted immensely if you surround yourself with positive people.
- Ability. Cultivate a workforce with a good grasp on today and an eye on tomorrow. Staying one step ahead of technology and other developments is crucial for high performance. This will send a signal to your stakeholders that your company is delivering results and is confident in its skills.
- Fortitude. There’s no rest for a great business and a great leader. You want a team that isn’t afraid to stay back after 5 every now and then to deliver tremendous results.
Read the original article at Forbes.
- Four Key Takeaways from the 2017 Lean Startup Innovation Conference - January 7, 2018
- How NBN has failed the customer – our advice to the CEO - January 7, 2018
- Lego’s Woes: Can The Lego Experience Carry it Through? - September 26, 2017
- The Empathetic Leader - September 15, 2017
- 6 Steps to Great Customer Experience - August 2, 2017
- Don’t be Fooled by Innovation Theatre! - April 24, 2017
- “Time” to Drive Innovation in Your Organisation - February 21, 2017
- The Lessons Corporates can Learn from Startup Failures - February 21, 2017
- Why Nobody Wants Health Insurance - February 20, 2017
- What do The World’s Most Innovative Companies Have in Common? - January 25, 2017
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Jeffrey’s career in innovation and the application of information technology has spanned the worlds of academia, big and small business, government and research. His leadership, clarity of thought, creativity and drive have generated cutting edge advances and successes in business. Jeffrey is an accomplished strategist with years of commercial and business experience. During his career, Dr Tobias has incubated and grown a medium sized business to $100m in revenue, participated in public service policy formulation, led the Smart Internet Technology CRC as CEO, sought venture funding and managed funds, built vertical markets in the healthcare and retail spaces, and used his entrepreneurial skills to start, grow and successfully sell a number of commercial operations. His most recent role was leading the global Innovations Practice for IBSG, Cisco Inc’s executive consulting arm. Dr Tobias is also an adjunct faculty member at the AGSM UNSW, and at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Sydney.
Need help to get your business to the next level?
More related articles on innovation
What’s changing in leading edge innovation thinking? For the fourth year running we attended the Lean Startup Conference in San Francisco, hosted...
In an interview last week on ABC Radio National, NBN’s CEO, Bill Morrow, implied that the NBN’s 25% customer dissatisfaction score...