5 characteristics of a world class team
Self- service is a current trend in HR that is growing at a rapid rate. It refers to online-based tools, traditionally looked after by HR, that give employees more power over their own careers. Self-service functions can include payroll management, requesting holidays and other breaks as well as accessing learning and development programs. These functions help to create a more engaged and efficient team.
However, as important as it is, self-service is no substitute for hiring a great team. Here are 5 things to take into account to ensure the best team is behind you.
- Talent. This fosters innovation. Talent in one sphere is a great indication of outstanding performance in another. You should look for success in potential team members, even if their results are not directly related to your business.
- Passion. A love of work is contagious. Fire and inspiration burn brightly in the hearts of those that are passionate.
- Attitude. A positive and compassionate mindset easily lends itself to upskilling. Upbeat people are more fun and interesting to be around. The atmosphere in a workplace can be boosted immensely if you surround yourself with positive people.
- Ability. Cultivate a workforce with a good grasp on today and an eye on tomorrow. Staying one step ahead of technology and other developments is crucial for high performance. This will send a signal to your stakeholders that your company is delivering results and is confident in its skills.
- Fortitude. There’s no rest for a great business and a great leader. You want a team that isn’t afraid to stay back after 5 every now and then to deliver tremendous results.
Read the original article at Forbes.
- Five Steps to use Innovation to find Market Growth Opportunities - September 23, 2019
- How to recognise Innovation Theatre - September 2, 2019
- 5 Ways to Create a Customer Centric Strategy - August 22, 2019
- The Future of Leadership – Empathetic Leaders - August 11, 2019
- Creating Time for Innovation - August 5, 2019
- 10 Lessons to Learn From Startup Failures - August 5, 2019
- The Top 5 Digital Transformation Insights from Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Report - June 20, 2019
- Bridal Wear and Business Model Transformation: What do They Have in Common? - June 19, 2019
- How Amazon is Reinventing Retail – Literally from The Ground Up! - May 28, 2019
- Bezos’ letter to shareholders showcases great communication and strategy - April 29, 2019
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.