Open Innovation Assessment tool from NineSigma
NineSigma has announced the launch of their new online OI Scorecard for innovation and business leaders to quickly assess open innovation capabilities. The web-based tool provides an initial evaluation of a company’s ability to collaborate as part of their innovation process, both with internal and external partners. The tool also assesses the organizational structure and systems that are needed to effectively support collaborative innovation.
“Understanding where you are in your open innovation efforts is a critical first step to charting a path forward,” said Matthew Heim, president of NineSigma. “Companies at varying levels of open innovation maturity come to us looking for better results from their open innovation investments. We help them build on their strengths while addressing their needs for improvement. Using key indicators, the scorecard is a quick way to get a snapshot of a company’s capabilities. In addition to an OI “score”, the tool provides recommendations for how to address the gaps identified.”
Specifically, the open innovation tool measures a company’s ability to collaborate on innovation in three tiers: within and across the company, with the company’s existing external network, and with the global innovation community. Capabilities are evaluated on two axes that measure the extent to which the company engages with innovation partners and how well enabled they are to assimilate resulting knowledge and solutions into their organization.
The 3 tiers of collaborative innovation
Business and innovation leaders interested in assessing their company’s open innovation capabilities can access the NineSigma OI Scorecard tool at http://www.ninesigma.com/OIscorecard.aspx. The web-based survey takes approximately 5-7 minutes to complete.
- Five Steps to use Innovation to find Market Growth Opportunities - September 23, 2019
- How to recognise Innovation Theatre - September 2, 2019
- 5 Ways to Create a Customer Centric Strategy - August 22, 2019
- The Future of Leadership – Empathetic Leaders - August 11, 2019
- Creating Time for Innovation - August 5, 2019
- 10 Lessons to Learn From Startup Failures - August 5, 2019
- The Top 5 Digital Transformation Insights from Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Report - June 20, 2019
- Bridal Wear and Business Model Transformation: What do They Have in Common? - June 19, 2019
- How Amazon is Reinventing Retail – Literally from The Ground Up! - May 28, 2019
- Bezos’ letter to shareholders showcases great communication and strategy - April 29, 2019
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.