2014 China Innovation Survey: China’s Innovation is Going Global
When I was in China a few years ago talking about Innovation, the view there was that Innovation would have to wait an entire generation before surfacing. I was therefore surprised to come across Strategy&'s recently completed 2014 survey of Innovation in China.
Some of its findings: in China, innovation is the first priority for 42% of Chinese companies, compared to 21% of MNCs, according to a 2014 China Innovation Study completed by nearly 400 executives from Chinese and foreign companies. Chinese companies are increasingly turning to technology to deliver first-to-market innovations, building on their historic strength in understanding local markets and customer needs. On the other hand, multinationals also realize that local innovation must rely on a deep understanding of local customer needs. Meanwhile, innovation plays an important role in Chinese companies’ globalization strategies.
Innovation is the wellspring of success in the China market. There is no other path forward — only ﬁerce innovators will thrive. The China Innovation survey, now in its third year, shows that Chinese companies and multinationals alike are continuously and rapidly innovating as they jockey for position.
Read the report here.
- Five Steps to use Innovation to find Market Growth Opportunities - September 23, 2019
- How to recognise Innovation Theatre - September 2, 2019
- 5 Ways to Create a Customer Centric Strategy - August 22, 2019
- The Future of Leadership – Empathetic Leaders - August 11, 2019
- Creating Time for Innovation - August 5, 2019
- 10 Lessons to Learn From Startup Failures - August 5, 2019
- The Top 5 Digital Transformation Insights from Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Report - June 20, 2019
- Bridal Wear and Business Model Transformation: What do They Have in Common? - June 19, 2019
- How Amazon is Reinventing Retail – Literally from The Ground Up! - May 28, 2019
- Bezos’ letter to shareholders showcases great communication and strategy - April 29, 2019
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.