Australia’s First Innovation Index of the Not-For-Profit Sector
A new study aimed at pinpointing the innovation capability of the Australian not-for- profit sector reveals that nimble, market-responsive charity organisations are best placed to capture community interest and support. These nimble, market-responsive charity organisations are the top innovative nonprofits.
The 2015 Innovation Index – The Australian Not-for-Profit Sector, commissioned by Australia Post and digital giving provider, GiveEasy, was generated from a survey of more than 700 professionals working in the sector.
The survey, based on the Innovation Readiness Assessment tool developed by The Strategy Group, revealed an overall Innovation Index of 66 per cent for the sector . This shows that there is substantial scope for improvement when it comes to innovation, while unpacking a number of factors that drive, and hinder, innovative practice.
Movember, Oxfam and Charity Water were identified as the top innovative nonprofits, being the top 3 ‘most innovative’ not-for-profit organisations in Australia according to the peer-based ranking in the survey.
The survey found that among the attributes considered ‘innovative’ by people working in the sector, the capacity to respond quickly, embrace new technologies and connect with audiences is highly valued. However only 50 per cent of not-for-profit organisations were believed to be capable of continually achieving these outcomes according to survey respondents. The study also showed which organisations were more likely to be innovative and what the top innovative nonprofits generally do. Download the full infographic and report here.
- Webinar: Enabling innovation for growth - October 13, 2021
- WHY (AND HOW) to Innovate in a crisis - September 28, 2021
- How to Centralize Customer Experience During COVID-19 - September 2, 2021
- 6 Steps to Optimize Your Customer Experience (CX) - June 11, 2021
- The Hybrid Workplace Model: How the Employee Experience is Being Overlooked - June 11, 2021
- What Organisations Should Focus on When Re-inventing or Transforming their Business Models - May 31, 2021
- Employee Experience and Embracing the Future of work - May 14, 2021
- Webinar: An Effective Framework for Digital Transformation - March 18, 2021
- Digital Strategy Toolkit - February 24, 2021
- Developing a Go-to-Market Customer Strategy for Shirohato’s Australian Expansion - February 4, 2021
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.
Need help to get your business to the next level?
More related articles on innovation
Learn three steps for determining what customers need, and how you can fulfill them from the experts at The Strategy Group.