Just Released: World-first Benchmark for Measuring Innovation Capability
By Jeffrey Tobias-
This week the 2016 Innovation Index, commissioned by digital giving provider GiveEasy in conjunction with Australia Post and Westpac, was launched. The Innovation Index relies on a methodology to measure innovation capability developed over several years by The Strategy Group, and it has been applied for the second year running on the Not-for-Profit sector in Australia.
The report was generated from a survey of more than 1,200 professionals working in the sector in Australia. Organisations were measured according to their capacity to develop and deliver innovation in seven key vectors. The methodology is however applicable to any sector.
The result is a comprehensive report outlining the current innovation performance of Not-For-Profits in Australia and the barriers and opportunities they face to drive innovation further. It also details the characteristics and behaviours of innovative Not-for-Profits as well as the organisations voted the most innovative in the sector.
What is key about this landmark piece of research is that it is a leading indicator of innovation capability. It measures the capability of a sector to innovate in the future, as opposed to past activity. If a sector is looking to be innovative, it needs to understand the gaps in the ability of its team members to drive innovation, and this research highlights those gaps as well as the opportunities.
Every participant that completed the survey will receive their own personalised innovation scorecard, highlighting how they performed against the aggregate score.
If you're an innovation leader, or an executive seeking to be more innovative, the Innovation Index will provide you with the highest leverage for innovation acceleration.
To discuss how this methodology could be applied to a context relevant to you, please contact Dr Jeffrey Tobias at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Five Steps to use Innovation to find Market Growth Opportunities - September 23, 2019
- How to recognise Innovation Theatre - September 2, 2019
- 5 Ways to Create a Customer Centric Strategy - August 22, 2019
- The Future of Leadership – Empathetic Leaders - August 11, 2019
- Creating Time for Innovation - August 5, 2019
- 10 Lessons to Learn From Startup Failures - August 5, 2019
- The Top 5 Digital Transformation Insights from Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Report - June 20, 2019
- Bridal Wear and Business Model Transformation: What do They Have in Common? - June 19, 2019
- How Amazon is Reinventing Retail – Literally from The Ground Up! - May 28, 2019
- Bezos’ letter to shareholders showcases great communication and strategy - April 29, 2019
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.