Lean Analytics – How Well Are You Going Now?
Analytics. Conjures up different images for different people. On the one hand, people hate analytics. They are a cost centre. They are tedious. They are the numbers that tell us how badly we are doing. On the other, people love them. They drive the business. They demonstrate shareholder value.
Analytics today are a big deal. Well, big data is. Same thing in many ways. And most smart organisations are grappling with how to measure, how to use data, and the value that analytics gives the organisation.
Enter Lean Analytics. What is it? Well, work your way through the excellent presentation given at the Lean Startup Conference last December. This deck is jam packed with valuable information - ignore at your peril!
Of special interest to me are slides 349-354. These clearly present the model of the most popular startup business models around. For example, the double-sided software-as-a-service marketplace can be represented as follows:
Enjoy the slides
- Five Steps to use Innovation to find Market Growth Opportunities - September 23, 2019
- How to recognise Innovation Theatre - September 2, 2019
- 5 Ways to Create a Customer Centric Strategy - August 22, 2019
- The Future of Leadership – Empathetic Leaders - August 11, 2019
- Creating Time for Innovation - August 5, 2019
- 10 Lessons to Learn From Startup Failures - August 5, 2019
- The Top 5 Digital Transformation Insights from Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Report - June 20, 2019
- Bridal Wear and Business Model Transformation: What do They Have in Common? - June 19, 2019
- How Amazon is Reinventing Retail – Literally from The Ground Up! - May 28, 2019
- Bezos’ letter to shareholders showcases great communication and strategy - April 29, 2019
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.