Ideation Platform Drives Cisco’s “Grand Challenge”
Ideation platforms such as that of Brightidea can be used to drive challenges internally within an organisation, or outside the organisation with customers and partners, or both.
So it is interesting to see Cisco once again spearheading a global challenge for new ideas around the Internet of Things. Thy have done this several times before with significant success on other themes. The reach is worldwide, and definitely out of the company walls.
The focus of the Internet of Things (IoT) Innovation Grand Challenge is to spearhead an industry-wide initiative to accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technologies and products that will contribute to the growth and evolution of the Internet of Things.
This global open competition aims to recognise, promote and reward innovators, entrepreneurs and early-stage startup businesses that can help Cisco transform businesses and industries by re-inventing business processes, operational efficiencies and customer service innovations.
Cisco is seeking submissions from early stage businesses and teams that have technology-based prototypes and proof of concepts (PoC) in development.
This is a great example of Open Innovation at work via an ideation platform. Many organisations use ideation platforms to capture ideas from internal employees only - Cisco does both.
Be quick - submissions close July 1.
- Five Steps to use Innovation to find Market Growth Opportunities - September 23, 2019
- How to recognise Innovation Theatre - September 2, 2019
- 5 Ways to Create a Customer Centric Strategy - August 22, 2019
- The Future of Leadership – Empathetic Leaders - August 11, 2019
- Creating Time for Innovation - August 5, 2019
- 10 Lessons to Learn From Startup Failures - August 5, 2019
- The Top 5 Digital Transformation Insights from Mary Meeker’s 2019 Internet Report - June 20, 2019
- Bridal Wear and Business Model Transformation: What do They Have in Common? - June 19, 2019
- How Amazon is Reinventing Retail – Literally from The Ground Up! - May 28, 2019
- Bezos’ letter to shareholders showcases great communication and strategy - April 29, 2019
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.